Winter is coming to Ski NZ… and early bird dealsMarch 3, 2017
The Great Outdoors: Exploring Tasmania With KidsMarch 9, 2017
One of the NT’s biggest drawcards is its nature and wildlife and if you’re planning a visit to the Territory, you’re probably hoping to see plenty of reptiles, birds and cuddly marsupials. There are plenty of places that make spotting animals easy and driving to them is simple, too. Your family will enjoy amazing animal experiences in the Northern Territory!
Here some of the best places to get in touch with nature.
- Yellow Water billabong: See the Kakadu of your dreams at Yellow Water, a land-locked billabong brimming with native flora, fauna, and sunsets for postcard-perfect memories.
- Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile River Cruises: Only 1.5 hours from Darwin, these crocodile tours allow you to observe these 6-metre crocs up close as they leap out of the water to grab meat held out for them.
- Territory Wildlife Park: Observe the Top End's wildlife in their natural habitats, standing nose-to-nose with a saltwater crocodile, and glimpsing elusive nocturnal creatures.
- Alice Springs Desert Park: If you haven’t managed to glimpse a spangled grunter or marbled velvet gecko, head to Desert Park where the creatures of Central Australia are all on display in one place.
- Corroboree Billabong, Mary River Wetlands: Take a cruise through this area that is teeming with birds and also has the largest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the world.
- Nitmiluk Gorge (Kayak or Cruise): Enjoy a journey of discovery through the magnificent Nitmiluk Gorge as you paddle your way through the gorges or hop aboard a cruise and learn from the traditional landowners - the Jawoyn people.
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre: Play with a python, watch the lizards feed, spy on secretive geckos, see crocodiles from underwater, and meet resident goannas and frill-neck lizards.
- Crocodiles in the streets of Darwin: Come face to face with the largest reptiles on the planet at one of the crocodile attractions. Dive with saltwater crocodiles in the Cage of Death, or play it safe and cuddle a baby crocodile at Crocosaurus Cove. Watch the crocodile feeding experience or take a tour in the Croc Boat Cruise at Crocodylus Park.
Take your family to marvel at amazing animal experiences in the Northern Territory!
Looking for more tips on how you can plan your family holiday to the NT? Australian cricket legend Matt Hayden recently explored the Territory for a family drive holiday. Follow Matt’s journey with his family.