How does your family travel?

Our top ten camping destinations
January 31, 2011
Family fun on Queensland’s holiday coasts
January 31, 2011

31 January, 2011

We here at OAWK love a good survey, particular if it lets us compare our own travel habits to the rest of the general populace.

Medina Apartment Hotels have just released the juicy details of their recent research project, and it finds that a significant number of people see travel as a chance to strip out life's complexities and get back to basics.

23% of respondents cut contact entirely, returning to life B.M.E. (before mobile phone). 47% keep the phone, which makes us wonder what the remaining 30% do (Skype?).

52% of respondents thought the best thing about travelling was getting in touch with a new city, its culture and attractions (does that mean the other 48% stay in the car?).

18% of respondents made sure to pack a good book (the rest pack a bad book, a magazine?).

And one we can really empathise with: 25% miss a good home-cooked meal most when they're out and about.

What do you think? How does your family travel and what does it miss most? Let us know in the comments field below.

Share this articleShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone