A big round up of Australia’s big things from BIG4December 16, 2016
8 must-see Hawaiian movie locationsDecember 22, 2016
Fitzroy Island Resort
Beachfront resorts offer something very special - and here we round up twelve of the best beachfront resorts in the Pacific!
- Fitzroy Island Resort, Queensland, AustraliaNestled between the rainforest and coral beaches, Fitzroy Island is one of the unspoiled islands on the Great Barrier Reef, and an easy 45 minute ferry transfer from Cairns. Kids of all ages can learn to safely snorkel right off the beach!
- Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, Honolulu, HawaiiThe sands of one of the world’s most famous beaches – Waikiki – are right at your door!
- Maui Kaanapali Villas, Maui, Hawaii
Kaanapali Beach Maui Image: iStock
Boasts a beachfront location on one of the finest stretches of Maui’s finest beach.
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, Natadola FijiExperience beachfront living with direct access from your accommodation to one of the best beaches on Viti Levu, at beautiful Natadola Bay. Let the lapping surf lull you to sleep and enjoy a front row seat for the nightly, breathtaking, sunsets!
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Island Resort, Savusavu Fiji7ha of private peninsula overlooking Savusavu Bay, with pristine white sand and turquoise waters - this is a world-renowned, luxury, family-friendly eco beach resort!
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Rarotonga Cook Islands Image: iStock
Wake each morning to a kilometre of white sands, a blue lagoon, swaying palm trees and colourful reef fish. Paradise on an unspoiled Pacific island!
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, ThailandThis stunning resort is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, the third longest beach on Phuket, and one of the most popular holiday destinations in Phuket (with excellent snorkelling!)
- Malolo Island Resort, FijiA bure on the beach, barefeet and azure seas – what more could you want from a beachfront resort? Popular with families, Malolo is owned by a local Fijian family, and promises an authentic, relaxing experience under blue skies, with swaying coconut palms and the ocean lapping the shore!
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa MaldivesA barefoot paradise surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, with villas set overwater, and a palm-fringed beach – definitely an idyllic, beachfront, fun-filled destination for families!
- Le Meridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Snorkelling in Bora Bora Image: iStock
They call Bora Bora the ‘Jewel of French Polynesia’ – it truly is beautiful! The overwater bungalows at Le Meridien feature the largest glass floors of any other resort in French Polynesia!
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa, VanuatuA beach set up with picnic tables, sun loungers and beach volley ball – families love Iririki for many good reasons, including a second beach, at Snorkeler's Cove with an activities hut and snacks for guests to enjoy!
- Castaway Island Fiji Resort, FijiA family favourite holiday destination, this beautiful atoll in the Mamanuca Island Group is beachfront all the way, ringed by blue sea and fantastic swimming and snorkelling.