Guests visiting the Disneyland Resort in 2018 will enjoy new experiences plus exciting new elements added to some of their favourite shows and attractions at the Happiest Place on Earth. Pixar comes to life like never before at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in 2018 to celebrate friendship and beyond, with the first-ever Pixar Fest opening 13 April and a new land, Pixar Pier, opening for US summer.
Pixar Fest, the biggest theme park celebration of beloved stories and characters from Pixar Animation Studios, will be a must-do experience at the Disneyland Resort. During this limited time event, guests will be among the first to enjoy a new Pixar-themed fireworks spectacular, the return of two favourite parades with new Pixar surprises, new décor, atmosphere entertainment and more.
In US summer 2018, Pixar Pier will open as a new land in Disney California Adventure, featuring four whimsical neighbourhoods where guests can step into beloved Disney•Pixar stories. The first neighbourhood, inspired by “The Incredibles,” will feature the exciting new Incredicoaster, and others will celebrate themes from Pixar favourites such as “Toy Story” and “Inside Out.”
• Pixar Pier: Opening in summer 2018, the new land of Pixar Pier will feature favourite stories and characters from cherished Disney•Pixar films. The thrilling new Incredicoaster will anchor Pixar Pier with a high-speed new experience featuring characters from “The Incredibles.” A super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects will bring the action to life as the Parr family races alongside guests in an attempt to catch baby Jack-Jack. The attraction will feature a new mid-century-modern-style loading area inspired by the Parr family home, as well as an exciting musical score that connects the Incredicoaster’s story to Pixar’s “Incredibles 2,” which opens in theatres 14 June 2018.
• “Paint the Night” Parade: The fan-favourite “Paint the Night” parade returns 13 April, this time to Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” Another Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the year, adding to this popular night-time experience.
• Food & Wine Festival: From 2 March to 12 April, the popular Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returns with offerings for guests of all ages to enjoy. With new experiences happening daily, guests will explore California-inspired cuisine and beverage offerings, tastings, entertainment, plus presentations and demonstrations with celebrity chefs.
• Heroic Encounters: In Hollywood Land, guests will have the opportunity to meet some of their favourite Marvel super heroes. Fans will be able to encounter characters such as Thor and Loki, as well as Black Panther, for a limited time. Additional Marvel super heroes including Spider-Man and Captain America will also be available throughout the year to interact and take photos with guests.
• “World of Color”: The dazzling night-time extravaganza “World of Color” will delight guests across Paradise Bay. Scenes from beloved Disney and Disney•Pixar films stream across an immense water “screen” to create an unforgettable experience.
• “Together Forever—A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”: As part of Pixar Fest, this immersive new fireworks show celebrates Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky, connecting guests with characters they’ve come to know and love. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heart-warming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation. Guests are invited to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by none other than Buzz Lightyear.
• “Pixar Play Parade”: For the first time, this popular show will make its way through Disneyland Park starting 13 April, bringing even more fan-favourite Pixar stories to guests with the addition of three new story elements. The parade will begin as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar Lamp. Rolling ahead of the famous lamp will be the familiar yellow Pixar Ball. Also joining the parade are characters from the beloved film, “Up.” Wilderness Explorer Russell will appear astride the colourful flightless bird, Kevin. Carl Fredricksen and Dug follow behind, amid green foliage and snipe chicks, with Carl’s tethered house floating above. “Inside Out” also joins the “Pixar Play Parade,” with Joy and Sadness perched atop colourful memory orbs as they take flight aboard Bing Bong’s rocket wagon, with Bing Bong himself cheering them on.
• Star Tours—The Adventures Continue: A thrilling new adventure inspired by the film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” has landed at Star Tours—The Adventures Continue. The new sequence takes passengers to two exciting new destinations: Crait, the site of an epic battle in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and Batuu, the remote outpost guests will discover when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland in 2019.
Many families and friends make it a tradition to visit the Disneyland Resort during the Halloween and Holiday seasons, as well as for special ticketed events.
• Disneyland After Dark: Disneyland Resort introduces Disneyland After Dark, an all-new series of special themed experiences and events. Throwback Nite, an after-hours event, kicks off the series on 18 Jan, inspired by the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s at Disneyland. Each After Dark “nite” will feature specialty entertainment, themed food, collectible merchandise and more. Additional dates and details for upcoming events will be announced soon.
• Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort: From mid-September through October, a spell is cast at the Disneyland Resort! Guests join the spook-tacular Halloween celebration as the Resort transforms with frightful fun including ghoulish décor, spooky treats and thrilling seasonal overlays such as those at Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Disneyland. Guests will also enjoy Mickey’s Halloween Party, the separate-ticket event filled with trick-or-treating, special entertainment and Disney characters in their Halloween attire.
• Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: From November through early January, it’s the most magical time of the year at the Disneyland Resort. Guests create holiday memories throughout the Resort as
it transforms into a winter wonderland full of seasonal attractions, joyful entertainment, jolly décor and themed treats. Special experiences such as Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure plus iconic holiday attractions including “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland create unforgettable memories that make the spirit of the season shine even brighter.