When it comes to a list of things that make a successful holiday, we think keeping mum happy should be right up there, so here's a list of 30 things that help make the perfect holiday for mums!
4. No lost kids!
5. No complaints or groans or whining from anyone about sore feet, boredom or any other apparent irritant!
6. Compromise when it comes to planning activities
7. Time to shop
8. Shotgun position in the car (or driver’s seat) on a road trip!
9. No travel/motion sickness
10. No fighting in the back seats
11. Full advantage taken of every toilet stop!
12. An acceptance that if it wasn’t packed, it isn’t here and, no, we can’t drive home to get it!
13. Willing help with the cooking and washing up
14. Kids who fall sleep early (and sleep through the night)
15. Torches with new batteries
16. Sodden cozzies and beach towels hung to dry after use for the next day
17. No rain!
19. Enough time for a visit to the spa – alone!
20. Kids who sleep for most of the trip
21. Inside voices!
22. Wide variety of children’s in-flight entertainment
23. Someone else cooking, cleaning and washing (at least some of the time!)
24. Harmony among siblings
25. A few moments each day to herself
26. No holiday sicknesses/accidents
28. Memory-making family occasions – and yes, you DO have to be involved!
29. Family photos – and yes, you DO have to be in them!
30. A simple ‘Thank you!’