Cheap and cheerful camping in SydneyMay 19, 2017
Why we love the Whitsundays for kidsMay 23, 2017
- According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 9.2 million resident Australians left the country for short-term travel overseas in 2014/15 and while this figure includes people visiting family in other countries, it’s a fair bet that a large slice of those travellers were off on a family holiday!
- The top 10 countries visited by Aussies in 2014/15 were:
- New Zealand
- Australians LOVE cruises more than anyone else in the world! It’s estimated that 1 million of us will take a cruise holiday in 2016, according to a Cruise Industry Report.
- The Tourism Research Australia National Visitor Survey showed that there were over 30 million domestic visitor nights spent in a holiday park or commercial camping ground in Australia in 2013.
- In 2011 The Real Richness Report concluded that 85% of Australians have had a caravanning or camping experience at least once in their lifetime, and 88% of campers said they believed it is something that every child should experience!