There are billions of travel influencers on social media who help inspire, inform and uncover some of the coolest spots around the world. Some travel full time, others make the most of school holidays and there are a handful of families who have chosen to up sticks and live overseas. It takes massive prep, effort and good luck to have parents, kids, weather and timing all in sync to create the perfect influencer package. We’ve done some of the hard work for you by creating this selection of some of our favourites. But, of course, these are not in order of preference, the size of followers, the number of posts or how gorgeous they are in every shot or reel.
These committed, fearless, funny and honest Insta pages range from our favourite comic Dad, The Bachelor’s Matty J to Julie Jones, who we credit for raising public awareness of accessible family travel, to expats, van lifers and Kombi enthusiasts. Follow them if you enjoy their posts, and tag #OAWK on Insta when you post on your own Insta. We would love to feature you on our account and online. Happy scrolling!
1. Travel Tales - @traveltalesblog
Megsy, Matt, Daisy and Jasper will try everything once – and they have amazing photos to prove it. Exploring in a 1973 VW Kombi and 2012 Land Rover Defender.
2. The Tradie and His Ladies - @thetradieandhisladies
A family of five travelling around Australia.
3. Mumpack Travel - @mumpacktravel
Hilarious solo mum Evie Farrell and her daughter Emmie’s adventures around the world are always entertaining.
4. Have Wheelchair Will Travel - @havewheelchairwilltravel
Julie Jones shares accessible travel tips and ideas with her son Braedan, who lives with cerebral palsy.
5. The Adventure Mamma - @theadventuremamma
From pushing a pram in the Alps to flying long-haul with her two gorgeous girls, travel writer Flip Byrnes is the definition of inspiration.
6. Bus N Dream - @Bus_n_Dream
Family travelling Australia in a converted bus and homeschooling three children with a giant puppy in tow.
7. Kid World Citizen - @kidworldcitizen
Becky is an ESL and Spanish teacher, with five bilingual and multicultural kids, who shares ideas to teach kids about world cultures and our planet through travel, food, music, celebrations and more.
8. 2 Tiny Travellers - @2tinytravellers
Two Aussie boys who have been travelling all over the world since they were babies, and their Mum Lisa.
9. The Blond Nomads - @theblondenomads
Rob, Tracy, Marli and Ziggy are living their best lives and inspiring others to do the same with adventure, travel and the great outdoors.
10. At Little at Large - @alittleatlarge
Narelle and her kids tripping around Australia in a troopy.
11. Macs Explore - @macsexplore
Helping families with teenagers plan epic outdoor adventures.
12. Explore Shaw - @exploreshaw
Emma and Thom Shaw and their daughter Macey chasing the sun around Australia in a vintage caravan.
13. 4 Boys and a Caravan - @4boysandacaravan
This full-time travel family of six has been travelling around Australia in ther caravan since January 2018.
14. Kids Go Places - @kidsgoplaces
An Aussie family doing a lap of Australia in an off-road caravan.
15. KB 4 Travel & Cruise - @kb4travel
Follow family travel and cruise specialist agent Kylie Brady on her personal adventures with her family.
16. Woolf Family Travel - @woolfpack_travels
This adventurous, outdoor-loving family travels for six months of the year.
17. Wanderlust with my kids - @wanderlustwithmykids
An Aussie family of four exploring the world.
18. Mums Gotta Travel - @mumsgottatravel
Jetstar cabin crew member Julia Swift and her children from Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula love to travel.
19. Holly Wainwright - @wainwrightholly
Mamamia’s head of content Holly Wainwright loves doing fun things with her kids.
20. McCracker of A Trip - @mccrackerofatrip
Full-time travelling family the McFaddens travelling Australia, with a pun or two and some wise cracks along the way.
21. Mum on the Move - @hungrymaz
Fun family and luxury adventurous travel with Sydney-based Mum Marianne Rogerson and her family.
22. Family Holiday Destinations - @family_holiday_destinations
Shining a spotlight on the best family holiday destinations, activities and adventures in Australia and beyond.
23. Your Boys and Mine - @yourboysandmine
A Mama of two boys living by the sea sharing daily ideas and insp for raising boys.
24. Mr Chocolates Travel - @mrchocolatestravel
Specialist Disney travel agent Rebecca Mason’s family travel snaps.
25. The Nomadic Lifers - @thenomadiclifers
Off-the-beaten path, travel tips from a “local” perspective.
26. Thrifty Family Travels - @thriftyfamilytravels
Melissa Kiely Delaware reveals how to make your travel money go further without compromising on experiences.
27. Practising Simplicity - @practisingsimplicity
Jodi Wilson offers small steps and brave choices for a life less distracted.
28. Allards Across Oz - @allards.across.oz
Troy, Kerry, their three kids and a tinny have been on the road since 2019, brewing beer on tap as they go.
29. Matthew David Johnson - @matthewdavidjohnson
The Bachelor’s Matty J describes himself as a middle aged dad doing his best to be funny.
30. Megan Holbeck - @meganholbeck
Whether it’s a couple of hours at a local beach, a weekend hiking or weeks of road tripping, the former editor of outdoor magazines Wild and Rock now loves haring her adventures with her kids.