1) At Nanwan Monkey Island, meet the cheeky resident macaques. A cable car can take you high up to the island’s mountain top and views of the fishing village and coastline below.
2) The fishing village on Nanwan Island is worth a visit. A buggy will take you down the mountain for an amazing seafood chosen fresh from floating tanks.
3) About 35km from Sanya, the Yanoda Rainforest Cultural Zone has raised walking trails through beautifully landscaped rainforest reserve plus restaurants, cafes and animal shows.
At Wuzhizhou Island snorkel amongst colourful marine life in the coral reef surrounding the island
4) The Yanoda Waterfall Course is great for older kids with walking trail and, for the more adventurous, a water course with rope climbs, tunnels and netting.
5) At Wuzhizhou Island snorkel amongst colourful marine life in the coral reef surrounding the island or explore the island on one of the easy walking trails.
6) Older kids can enjoy a 30-minute beginner dive with one of the island’s dive masters just off-shore.
7) Take a day trip to Baoting Areca Valley and Bing Lang Gu Village to look at Hainan’s rich cultural history.
8 ) If you’re not afraid of heights, you can cross a long rope bridge across a wide ravine at Tropical Paradise Forest Park covering much of the mountain directly behind Yalong Bay.
9) The Night Markets in downtown Sanya are great fun. Wander through to find a bargain and practise your bargaining skills.
10) Throughout December kids take part in the daily Wet‘n’Wild Holiday Camp where they can enjoy snorkelling, kayaking and raft building.