• Hit the alleys at Strike Bowling in Surfers, with karaoke rooms, pool tables and holiday deals.
• Ride one of the world’s fastest elevators 230m up the Q1 tower to QDeck, also in Surfers, for spectacular 360 degree views from Brisbane to Byron Bay.
• Trip out at Infinity, a futuristic maze of about 20 multi-sensory environments, which use sound and light to create surreal optical illusions.
• Over-12s can test themselves at Off Road Rush, Alberton, the most extreme V8 race cars around.
• Step back in time and take the kids to a movie at Yatala Drive-in Theatre, just off the Pacific Motorway.
• Check out a show by the Queensland Theatre of Puppetry in Macintosh Island Park.
• Take a scary trip through the Vampire Lair, Mirror Maze and Phobia level at Dracula’s Haunted House, Surfers Paradise (and see the famous cabaret while you’re there).
• Learn a thing or two at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, Surfers Paradise.
• Meet movie stars, scientists, explorers, villains and world leaders at the Surfers Paradise Wax Museum, the largest in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Treat the kids at one of the beachfront ice-cream parlours in towns along the coast, followed by a walk along the beach.
• Head to the Seaway Kiosk by Main Beach for freshly made crab sandwiches. This a favourite local haunt for whale watching, so be sure to take a look.
• Buy fresh seafood direct from the person who caught it at the Fisherman’s Cooperative, SeaWorld Drive, Main Beach.
• Picnic at O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards on the banks of the Canungra Creek, enjoying a glass of award-winning wine and with plenty of room for the kids to play.
• Try Southport Sharks Australian Football Club, Southport, with its Wobbygong’s Kids Fun Zone including an indoor rock climbing wall, basketball hoop, Playstation zone, movie room and activities for all ages.
• Get stylish at Dragonfly Burleigh Heads Café, a cool café and funky kid’s boutique for those into fashion and flavours.
• For an easy fish and chip lunch, Charis Seafood is right beside the kids’ play park at Harley Park, Labrador.
• Browse the wares at Burleigh Art and Craft Market, Paradise Point Parklands, or Broadbeach.
• Take a night time stroll through the Lantern Markets every Friday night at Broadbeach Mall and Surfers Paradise esplanade.