Parks and Swimming Spots
• Billed as the best kids’ playground on the Coast, Laguna Park in Palm Beach offers a huge array of interactive and fun equipment to suit all ages. Try out the huge adventure playground, pirate ship, slides and rockers, a pedal power monorail, funny faces interactive boards, and heaps more.
• Washington Waters Park is a terrific playground for all ages by the beautiful Broadwater. Bring your bike and try out the mini bike circuit, have a go on the huge flying fox, pedal around on the monorail, or swim in the safe enclosure.
• Currumbin Rock Pools is a popular freshwater swimming hole in the Currumbin Valley.
• Harley Park, Labrador, has a dedicated stillwater swimming area with sun shades over the shoreline. There are picnic tables, barbecues, beach showers, and heaps of open play equipment.
• Surfboard and bodyboard hire is available at Cavill Mall in Surfers Paradise is your swimming park is the ocean.
• Tallebudgera Creek is a patrolled area on the southern side of the estuary, popular with young families for its sandy beach and shallow swimming space. Novice surfers head to the section closest to the river mouth.
• Mt Barney Lodge offers abseiling, rock climbing and trekking.
• Binna Burra Lodge in Beechmont has plenty of bushwalks and a fabulous flying fox.
• Gumnuts Farm, Canungra, offers real Aussie farm stays. You can milk a cow, crack a whip, throw a boomerang and go horse riding.