1) Trek the trails of Kinabalu Park and enjoy the vista of streams, waterfalls and caves. The kids will have fun spotting wildlife from suspended walkways built above the forest canopy.
2) While you're there, grab some R&R in the pools at Poring Hot Springs. And kids are enthralled by the catepillar house at the Butterfly farm.
3) Serious hikers will enjoy climbing Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Asia and home to spectacular scenery and wildlife.
Serious hikers will enjoy climbing Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Asia and home to spectacular scenery and wildlife.
4) Take the train trip through the scenic Padas River Gorge to Tenom for spectacular river and mountain views.
5) Take a shuttle boat from KK to discover diverse marine life and pretty coral reefs while snorkelling or swimming the warm waters around the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
6) Get up-close and personal with Orang-utans at Sepilok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre, Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary or Danum Valley Conservation Area.
7) Danum Valley itself offers short one to two-hour jungle treks - great from the kiddies. They'll see lots of interesting animals, plants and trees and enjoy the thrill of the canopy walk.
8 ) On the Turtle Islands watch the 'turtle show' where eggs are laid. Kids delight in helping to release new-born hatchlings onto the beach.
9) Spot some of Sabah's protected animals including the Borneo pygmy elephant and hundreds of birds at Tabin Wildlife Reserve. Its mud volcanoes are also popular with the kids.
10) See the proboscis monkey on the Klias Wetlands River Safari. When returning towards evening, kids will enjoy the firefly show.