Tamworth, the hidden gem of north west NSW, is known for its unique experiences, rich landscapes, and world-class events. Here is something for all members of the family!
Family fun galore - a wide variety of attractions for kids in Tamworth
Tamworth is one of NSW’s largest inland cities … a hidden gem of north west NSW. It was named the ‘perfect country town’ by Australian Traveller magazine and its location about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane makes it a perfect road trip destination!
Known by many as the ‘Capital of Country’, it offers unique experiences, rich landscapes and world-class events, where the weather is cool in winter and warm in summer and a place where you can enjoy everything that’s great about country Australia.
Tamworth boasts a calendar of events and experiences, including the largest Country Music Festival in the southern hemisphere. This amazing festival runs in January each year and has something for everyone, from the famous ‘Golden Guitar’ awards through to family-friendly events, with a huge precinct dedicated to family fun. The kids will love the jumping castle, bunny trampoline, and Ferris wheel – and that’s just for starters!
There’s always plenty of fun for families in Tamworth all year round, with loads of activities, adventures, and places to visit, making it a perfect destination.
Top five things to do in Tamworth with your family:
- Get up close with the kangaroos, peacocks, cockatoos and emus at Tamworth Marsupial Park and Adventure Playground.
- Enjoy a ride on one of the miniature trains at the Tamworth Miniature Railway.
- Let the day slip away at the Lake Keepit Water Park
- For the more adventurous Tamworth Mountain Bike Park offers a range of riding tracks from the very easy through to extreme black runs.
- Experience the ten-day program of family street music, children’s concerts, baby animal farms and play areas, during the annual Tamworth Country Music Festival.
Tamworth adventure playground: Fun for kids of all ages
The Tamworth Adventure Playground has two distinct age-appropriate areas from 1-5 and 5-12 and the playground components have been designed with integrated fine-motor skill play as well as gross-motor skill play and imaginative play firmly in mind. There are also BBQ facilities and bathrooms available and entry to the park is free.
With so much to see and do, it’s easy to see why Tamworth should be on your holiday hit list!
Visit Destination Tamworth!