The South Island’s largest alpine resort Treble Cone coupled with family-friendly Wanaka makes for a great, safe, and simple family snow holiday in New Zealand.
Fly direct into Queenstown from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and Wanaka is only a one hour drive or shuttle ride away or a five hour drive from Christchurch.
In Wanaka you’ll find a wide range of accommodation, lots of dining and activities, plus a real supermarket, chemists, medical centre, and everything else you’ll need.
From Wanaka it’s a scenic self-drive to either the base of Treble Cone from where you can Park & Ride up the hill in a Mountain Shuttle or right up to the ski area, or you can catch a bus from Wanaka to the ski field.
Treble Cone also makes a great day trip from Queenstown to enjoy family snow fun whilst taking the spectacular alpine and lake views.
Up at Treble Cone you’ll find all you need for a great family snow experience including;
- Café with great coffee and fresh food on mountain
- Snow Sports School and Child Care available
- Free beginner lifts to get the family started
- Park and Ride Mountain Shuttle available up the hill
- Free helmet rental for kids from the Treble Cone rental shop
- Family lift passes available to save you $$$
- New for 2013 Kids Fun Trail and new Children’s Trail Map