1) Hear nature’s tummy rumble and view her impressive fireworks display at active Mount Yasur volcano on Tanna Island. Older kids might want to ‘ash-board’ the steep slopes on a Volcanic Surf Tour.
2) Just off Hideaway Island near Port Vila is the world’s first underwater post office. Kids can don a mask and snorkel to post one of the special waterproof postcards.
3) On land head for the bright blue Volcano Post Box located on the slopes of Mount Yasur. Children delight in posting their cards from there - hard to beat for novelty value.
4) Avast me hearties!Parents and kids will love playing pirates on the restored sailing ketch Coongoola.
Kids can don a mask and snorkel to post one of the special waterproof postcards.
5) Go on a fun Black Magic Tour –kids are enthralled by the brightly painted warriors brandishing spears.
6) The Nambawan Cafe & Moonlight Cinema on the water in the heart of Port Vila, features children’s films on Sunday nights.
7) Explore a real chief’s area and a cannibal house at the Secret Garden near Port Vila, which also features two acres of tropical botanical gardens.
8 ) Swim in clear blue waterfalls and natural pools at Mele Cascades then enjoy the exotic colourful gardens and a gentle jungle walk.
9) Visit authentic villages such as Ekasup. Be greeted by the chief, learn about interesting local customs and buy locally-crafted souvenirs.
10) Explore Port Vila local markets for delicious, home-made and cheap local meals.