Be Happy in APPI!August 1, 2012
Watch Nick Jr on August 15 for special DORA episode!August 9, 2012
Step back in time at Swan Hill's Pioneer Settlement and let the kids see just what life was like way back when in colonial days. Situated on the picturesque banks of the Murray River, Pioneer Settlement will play host to a range of fun and interactive activities for children of all ages during the September school holidays.
Be awed by the renowned Flying Fruit Fly Circus from Albury Wodonga as they defy gravity and teach visitors a few tricks with educational circus workshops. Children can also challenge themselves on the rock climbing wall, or cuddle up to baby animals from local farms in the Kids Animal Farm.
Join in the bustling lives of Australia's early pioneers and participate in plenty of year-round hands-on activities and age-old crafts.
- Craft your own rope, on the rope machine, and take it away as a souvenir.
- Churn butter and sample your produce on fresh, warm damper.
- Dress up in "Pioneer" costume at the Photo Parlour - "Our costume - your camera" (disposable "flash" cameras available for sale)
- Cruise the mighty Murray River on the PS Pyap
- Have a WANTED poster printed in the Echo Print Shop - for you, or someone you know
- Listen to your favourite old time music in the Music Shop - it's hard to stop the toes from tapping and you are welcome to enjoy a sing-a-long
- View the world, in original pioneer 3D, in our Stereoscopic Theatre - do The Grand Tour without leaving your seat
- Enjoy delicious home-made country fare & Devonshire Teas in the Bakery Tea Rooms
- Indulge yourself in some old fashioned lollies at the General Store
For more information on a great day out at Pioneer Settlement and school holiday activities visit the website.